Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Learning Profile.

I was quite surprised at my learning profile. I suspected that I would be logic, but I didn't know that my letter meant that I was straight in the middle of logic and gestalt. Apparently I learn best by not having any external sensory stimulation, so it doesn't help if I listen to music while working. Also, I don't need to bounce ideas off another person, I can think internally. So I learn best by being in a quiet, calm environment. It is good if I have some quiet time alone, and I need to be able to sit where I can think quietly inside my head, and that I should maybe doodle or fiddle with something while listening/ working.
I need to have a balance of art, music, movement and inter/intrapersonal skills, with brain endeavors. Also, it is good to do activates that require both hands to get both parts of the brain working, such as drumming, piano, writing and drawing with the non-dominant hand.
Some strategies that would help me learn are, as I said, being able to fiddle with something (clay, doodles) in class. Massaging the Temporal Mandibular joint (upper jaw joint) will help with my communication. Also, being in a quiet, relaxed environment.
I would like my teachers to know that I learn better working alone, because I process my thoughts better internally, and that I cannot function well when I am stressed, and may have trouble communicating my ideas. Aside from that there is not much else to say, apart from the fact that I am really glad to have learned all this, because now I understand a bit more about my self.

No comments: